Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An Original Poem: "You"


You, you promised to take good care of me
You promised to be by my side, today, tomorrow, eternally
You, you didn’t allow me to work in a company
Because with you, I would always be stable financially

But a month after our 19th anniversary,
you left me for somebody twenty years your junior,
somebody who, you said, is smarter.
Somebody who, unlike me, is superior

Now I realize that people make promises that can be broken
It is only God who makes promises that will definitely be fulfilled
Now, I don’t want to be affected by problems
because I have God as my shield

Don’t you know that I lived aimlessly after you went?
And if not for our children,
I would have jumped from a building,
to finally end my suffering


But now I realize, why would I cry for you and end my life,
now that I fully trust God who makes promises that will definitely be fulfilled?

Now, I don’t want to be affected by problems
because I have God as my shield

Now I feel so safe and contented -- ARV

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Featured Post

Sun Cellular's CDO Bloggers Party

          Thank you, Sun Cellular! Last Feb. 11, 2013, we, the CDO Bloggers, were invited by Sun Cellular to a party in Seafood Island, Cent...